(also paragraph symbol)
- A symbol (usually ¶) used in printed text to mark a new paragraph or as a reference mark.More example sentences
- The rather long captions of a photographic feature are broken into ‘paragraphs’ indicated, not by indentation or by a line of white space, but by a red paragraph symbol.’
- At the beginning of each paragraph in an APA full-text article, a small gray paragraph symbol appears.
- I used paragraph marks because your built-in preview concatenated my paragraphs into one.
More definitions of paragraph markDefinition of paragraph mark in:
- The British & World English dictionary