A small parrot with predominantly green plumage and a long tail.
- Family Psittacidae: five genera, e.g., Psittacula of Asia and Africa and Cyanoramphus of Australasia, and many species
More example sentences
- The echo parakeet is probably the most intensively managed bird in the world today, and it frustrates Jones that endangered species elsewhere are not supported with the same offensive onslaught.
- He has shared his yard north of Santa Monica, California, with many species of birds, including the black-hooded parakeet, for 25 years.
- Crows, Cuckoos and Parakeets are very destructive, parakeets not only destroy fruit tree buds but also raid nests and kill nestlings.
Definition of parakeet in:
- The British & World English dictionary