- another term for connectionism.More example sentences
- Much contemporary work in cognitive science on the set of models known as connectionist or parallel distributed processing models seems to share behaviorism's anti-nativism about learning.
- Sympathy with Chomsky's approach to language often goes along with a lack of interest in other approaches, such as those explored by psychologists in recent years under labels such as connectionism and parallel distributed processing.
- If one prefers a parallel distributed processing framework, then a word frequency effect is attributable to the connection weights on whichever pathway is used to translate orthography to phonology.
More definitions of parallel distributed processingDefinition of parallel distributed processing in:
- The British & World English dictionary