- A mode of computer operation in which a process is split into parts that execute simultaneously on different processors attached to the same computer.More example sentences
- However, conventional embedded processors without efficient parallel processing could not execute massive image processing and high speed data transfer with low power consumption.
- The advent of high speed super computers and parallel processing has decreased the length of time involved in a calculation but this approach is still not ‘fast.’
- The eServer p655 is designed for applications that require very large databases or massively parallel processing, typically needed by companies in sectors like digital media and life sciences.
More definitions of parallel processingDefinition of parallel processing in:
- The British & World English dictionary