- Of or relating to services and professions that supplement and support medical work but do not require a fully qualified physician (such as nursing, radiography, emergency first aid, physical therapy, and dietetics).More example sentences
- Education of patients and the public is crucial to ensure that patients whose symptoms may be due to acute myocardial infarction seek medical attention and that paramedical services are able to attend soon after the onset of pain.
- The federation alleged that all the medical colleges of the state lack proper casualty and emergency services such as essential equipment, medicines, ambulance services and shortage of medical, paramedical and nursing staff.
- In addition, it trains paramedical workers in occupational therapy, speech therapy and physiotherapy to broaden its outreach.
More definitions of paramedicalDefinition of paramedical in:
- The British & World English dictionary