Definition of parametric in English:
1Of, relating to, or expressed in terms of a parameter or parameters.
- The parameters used in the parametric bootstrap simulations were the phylogenetic tree generated from the aligned protein sequences and a residue substitution matrix.
- In designing the luminaires, the students used parametric surface modeling to produce contours, patterns, and templates.
- We've made dramatic changes to the skeletal system, which allows for full parametric blending of multiple layers of animation.
1.1 Statistics Assuming the value of a parameter for the purpose of analysis.
- Variables were log 10 transformed as appropriate to improve fit to a normal distribution for parametric statistical analyses.
- Most statistical analyses performed were parametric (ANOVAs and correlations).
- Statistical analysis was performed using parametric and nonparametric tests, depending on whether the data distribution could be assumed to be gaussian or not.
1.2 Electronics Relating to or denoting a process in which amplification or frequency conversion is obtained using a device modulated by a pumping frequency, which enables power to be transferred from the pumping frequency to the signal.
- The other part is used to pump an optical parametric amplifier, which provides excitation in a broad spectral range.
- Synchronized double pumping, and therefore careful timing, is very critical in this device because the optical parametric gain has no storage time, unlike conventional laser-gain media.
- An optical parametric amplifier allowed them to try the experiment at different wavelengths.
Definition of parametric in:
- British & World English dictionary