- Any of a group of RNA viruses similar to the myxoviruses but larger and hemolytic, including those causing mumps, measles, distemper, rinderpest, and various respiratory infections (parainfluenza).More example sentences
- Respiratory syncytial virus is a paramyxovirus of the genus pneumovirus.
- The scientists working on the cause of SARS have already focused their attention on a coronavirus after an initial suspicion that a paramyxovirus might be the cause.
- Measles is caused by a paramyxovirus and usually affects children.
More definitions of paramyxovirusDefinition of paramyxovirus in:
- The British & World English dictionary