A Malayan machete.
- Cotton has now replaced the material previously made from beaten palm fibre and they have always needed some iron for parangs (sword-like machetes) and cooking pots.
- And it's hard hacking them into pieces with blunt knifes, or even blunt parangs.
Words that rhyme with parangbang, Battambang, bhang, clang, Da Nang, dang, fang, gang, hang, harangue, kiang, Kuomintang, Kweiyang, Laing, Luang Prabang, meringue, Nanchang, Pahang, pang, Penang, prang, Pyongyang, rang, sang, satang, Shang, shebang, Shenyang, slambang, slang, spang, sprang, Sturm und Drang, tang, thang, trepang, twang, vang, whang, Xizang, yang, Zaozhuang
A variety of Trinidadian folk music, traditionally played at Christmas by groups that travel from house to house.
- Arabic, Yoruba, Bhojpuri, Urdu and other languages are used in religious contexts, and the traditional Christmas music called parang is sung in Spanish.
- Sung in Spanish, parang is as Trinidadian as calypso.
- His son Antonio also joins him in the band, which opted for house parang this year.
Spanish Creole, based on Spanish parranda 'spree, binge'.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.