Partial paralysis of the lower limbs.
- In a prospective study designed to more accurately define the incidence of CSM, 23.6 percent of 585 patients with tetraparesis or paraparesis admitted to a United Kingdom regional neuroscience center had CSM.
- These patients with lower spinal cord involvement often present with myelopathies, cauda equina syndrome, paraparesis, or bladder dysfunction.
- The neurologic examination will often reveal monoparesis or paraparesis, a sensory level and sphincter disturbances.
- Example sentences
- Over the subsequent 24 hours, she remained acutely paraparetic but began experiencing significant pain and mottling in her right leg.
- I awakened from that surgery paralysed from the waist down (paraparetic).
For editors and proofreaders
Definition of paraparesis in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.