Definition of parasail in English:
verb[no object] (often as noun parasailing)
Glide through the air wearing an open parachute while being towed by a motorboat.
- Other activities in and around Chamonix include mountain biking, parasailing and ice-skating.
- You can test your skills at a shooting range, go parasailing, paddle a canoe or hike on a mountain trail.
- Water sports, from yachting to parasailing and skiing, a children's amusement park, and many fine restaurants complete the picture.
nounBack to top
A parachute designed for parasailing.
- This is particularly true of the film's climax, which somehow manages to demolish several cop cars, and find Ellen clutching a parasail and jumping through flaming hoops in water skis, yet still be completely unfunny.
- A year after my father's accident, when I was eleven, my father's insurance company filed suit against the company that had rented out the parasail.
- From his lofty perch, hanging over the slopes of Kilimanjaro under a parasail with razor sharp rocks below, Judge Bryan Pope gives this DVD a thumbs up.
Definition of parasail in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.