Definition of parasail in English:
verb[no object] (often as noun parasailing)
Glide through the air wearing an open parachute while being towed by a motorboat.
- Other activities in and around Chamonix include mountain biking, parasailing and ice-skating.
- You can test your skills at a shooting range, go parasailing, paddle a canoe or hike on a mountain trail.
- Water sports, from yachting to parasailing and skiing, a children's amusement park, and many fine restaurants complete the picture.
nounBack to top
A parachute designed for parasailing.
- This is particularly true of the film's climax, which somehow manages to demolish several cop cars, and find Ellen clutching a parasail and jumping through flaming hoops in water skis, yet still be completely unfunny.
- A year after my father's accident, when I was eleven, my father's insurance company filed suit against the company that had rented out the parasail.
- From his lofty perch, hanging over the slopes of Kilimanjaro under a parasail with razor sharp rocks below, Judge Bryan Pope gives this DVD a thumbs up.
Definition of parasail in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan