- The demonstrable presence of parasites in the blood.More example sentences
- These typically include malnutrition, anaemia, malaria parasitaemia, or HIV infection.
- The occurrence of other illnesses and malarial parasitaemia (adjusted for positive smear results at baseline) was not significantly affected by iron administration.
- Study children were visited at home at 18 months of age to collect finger prick blood samples for assessing packed cell volume and the presence of malaria parasitaemia and again at 23 months of age to assess their health.
More definitions of parasitemiaDefinition of parasitemia in:
- The British & World English dictionary