- Situated next to a ventricle of the brain.More example sentences
- In the front part of the hypothalamus lie the supraoptic and paraventricular nuclei, which send axons down through the stalk of the pituitary gland and into its posterior lobe, called the ‘neurohypophysis’.
- These researchers discovered a pea-sized region of the fetal sheep brain called the paraventricular nucleus, which actually serves as a biosensor designed to trigger the events leading to a birth.
- In contrast, the teleost POA is considered to be the functional and topological equivalent to the paraventricular and supraoptic nuclei of the hypothalamus, which do not express POMC in mammals.
More definitions of paraventricularDefinition of paraventricular in:
- The British & World English dictionary