adjectiveAnatomy & Zoology
- Situated alongside, or on each side of, an axis, especially the central axis of the body.More example sentences
- Myogenesis in the paraxial muscles (dorsal compartment) is dependent on contact with the neural tube and notochord, while limb and abdominal muscles (ventral compartment) are not.
- Expression is maintained in dorsal paraxial regions where patterning is also intrinsic to the donor site of the graft.
- Rather, their paraxial mesoderm had been transformed into neural epithelia.
More definitions of paraxialDefinition of paraxial in:
- The British & World English dictionary