Definition of parfait in English:
1A dessert consisting of layers of ice cream, fruit, etc., served in a tall glass.
- Thompson stood silently as the two women brought out a carafe of coffee and glasses of ice cream parfait for dessert.
- The one to blow you away consists of delicate, yielding meringue discs, layered with lemon and lime parfait and drizzled with a lime syrup.
- This summer parfait, with frozen blueberry and apricot compote, based with a mascarpone ice cream and set upon a meringue… was amazing.
1.1A rich cold dessert made with whipped cream, eggs, and often fruit.
- In complete contrast to our disagreeable dining companion, the duck liver parfait he ordered was rich and smooth.
- Why not replace formulaic desserts like cheesecake with additional fresh choices like their praline parfait?
- The gourmet menu will include duckling terrine with apple celery salad, horseradish cream soup with pan fired salmon, grilled tenderloin of beef and a dessert of cinnamon parfait with poached sour cherries.
from the French adjective parfait, literally 'perfect'.
Definition of parfait in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan