- 1A dessert consisting of layers of ice cream, fruit, etc., served in a tall glass.More example sentences
- Thompson stood silently as the two women brought out a carafe of coffee and glasses of ice cream parfait for dessert.
- The one to blow you away consists of delicate, yielding meringue discs, layered with lemon and lime parfait and drizzled with a lime syrup.
- This summer parfait, with frozen blueberry and apricot compote, based with a mascarpone ice cream and set upon a meringue… was amazing.
- 1.1A rich cold dessert made with whipped cream, eggs, and often fruit.More example sentences
- In complete contrast to our disagreeable dining companion, the duck liver parfait he ordered was rich and smooth.
- Why not replace formulaic desserts like cheesecake with additional fresh choices like their praline parfait?
- The gourmet menu will include duckling terrine with apple celery salad, horseradish cream soup with pan fired salmon, grilled tenderloin of beef and a dessert of cinnamon parfait with poached sour cherries.
from the French adjective parfait, literally 'perfect'.
More definitions of parfaitDefinition of parfait in:
- The British & World English dictionary