Definition of parfait in English:
1A dessert consisting of layers of ice cream, fruit, etc., served in a tall glass.
- Thompson stood silently as the two women brought out a carafe of coffee and glasses of ice cream parfait for dessert.
- The one to blow you away consists of delicate, yielding meringue discs, layered with lemon and lime parfait and drizzled with a lime syrup.
- This summer parfait, with frozen blueberry and apricot compote, based with a mascarpone ice cream and set upon a meringue… was amazing.
1.1A rich cold dessert made with whipped cream, eggs, and often fruit.
- In complete contrast to our disagreeable dining companion, the duck liver parfait he ordered was rich and smooth.
- Why not replace formulaic desserts like cheesecake with additional fresh choices like their praline parfait?
- The gourmet menu will include duckling terrine with apple celery salad, horseradish cream soup with pan fired salmon, grilled tenderloin of beef and a dessert of cinnamon parfait with poached sour cherries.
From the French adjective parfait, literally 'perfect'.
Words that rhyme with parfaitcafé • cybercafé • coryphée
Definition of parfait in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.