- A bone forming the central side and upper back part of each side of the skull.More example sentences
- The skull has a roughen surface to the parietal bone and the occipital bone.
- The skull is not a single bone, but is made up of several interlocked plates, such as the two parietal bones at the sides and the central frontal bone.
- Unanimous skeletal features are few, but include a lack of contact between the squamosal and parietal bones in the skull and the presence of the frontal bone in forming the orbit.
More definitions of parietal boneDefinition of parietal bone in:
- The British & World English dictionary