- 1Open land consisting of fields and scattered groups of trees.More example sentences
- I wonder if a future U.S. President will open up national parklands to oil drilling.
- From here we progress northwards, meeting the outskirts of Milton Keynes the following day - more tidy gardens and open parklands than monstrosity - and have our first pub lunch at the appropriately named Barge Inn.
- We all want to be near the sandy beaches, overlooking treed gullies, gazing towards mountain backdrops, or within walking distances of rivers, creeks, treed parklands.
- 1.1Land reserved for a public park.More example sentences
- At every turn, they protest any use of the public parklands around them that upsets the bucolic feel of their community.
- The state government has announced it will purchase the $15 million waterfront industrial site and return it to public parkland.
- A parking space in York's Castle car park was turfed over today by campaigners who want the area below Clifford's Tower to become public parkland.
More definitions of parklandDefinition of parkland in:
- The British & World English dictionary