- North American An open landscaped highway.More example sentences
- But I refuse to be a part of the madness that takes over the parkways and highways on the day after Thanksgiving.
- Most of the parkway will be open on schedule May 20, with some of the eastbound bridges due to open a month late and the westbound bridges due to open about six months behind last month's original completion date.
- He planned to fill 172 acres of its bay side and reclaim enough land from all sides of the harbor-even at the foot of the bluffs of the north shore for a scenic parkway for automobiles along the waterfront.
More definitions of parkwayDefinition of parkway in:
- The British & World English dictionary