- 1 (also parquet flooring) Flooring composed of wooden blocks arranged in a geometric pattern.More example sentences
- A dog-leg staircase which has the original wrought-iron railing leads to the first floor landing with herringbone parquet flooring.
- In the first floor offices oak parquet flooring and silver aluminium roof make a soothing, neutral interior.
- This includes money spent on fitting carpets, laying parquet flooring, installing new electrical lighting, fitting a new bathroom suite and installing a new kitchen.
- 2North American The ground floor of a theater or auditorium.More example sentences
- However, the traditional faculty-staff seating - four sections in the parquet - remains, and most faculty will be seated there.
- Seen from the Parquet and illuminated by the skylight, a sculpture by Irène Whittome gives an atmosphere of relaxation.
late 17th century (as a verb, especially as parqueted): from French, literally 'small park (i.e., delineated area)'. The noun dates from the early 19th century.
More definitions of parquetDefinition of parquet in:
- The British & World English dictionary