Definition of parrotlet in English:
A tiny tropical American parrot with mainly green plumage and a short tail.
- Family Psittacidae: three genera, in particular Forpus and Touit, and several species
- We investigated nestling sex ratio variation in the green-rumped parrotlet, a small neotropical parrot breeding in central Venezuela.
- Thus, parrotlets could be an exception that proves the rule, if estimates of their survivorship are comparable to those of temperate zone species, but are low within the range of survival expected for tropical birds.
- We modeled the effect of breeding status separately for male and female parrotlets because we found significant differences between the sexes in their local survival and resighting rates.
Definition of parrotlet in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.