Definition of parse in English:
1Analyze (a sentence) into its parts and describe their syntactic roles.
- They can parse complex words and sentences; but this parsing takes more work than reading simpler, clearer prose.
- You can't parse the sentence that way without adding a missing to.
- You don't have to parse the sentences or measure vowel formants or anything time consuming, so the empirical part of the research just took a few minutes.
1.1 Computing Analyze (a string or text) into logical syntactic components, typically in order to test conformability to a logical grammar.
- To prove that it does, try manually parsing the input string such as we did above.
- For instance, although Perl makes it easy to parse delimited text files with regular expressions, OCaml provides tools specifically designed for writing a compiler.
- Chapter 10 finalizes the discussion of methods and tools repeatedly mentioned in earlier chapters to parse the XML documents.
1.2Examine or analyze minutely: he has always been quick to parse his own problems in public
More example sentences
- His life has been studied, parsed, and analyzed by a host of academics, art historians, and psychoanalysts.
- Together, these functions allow users to seamlessly profile, analyze, parse, cleanse, match and household any type of customer information.
- With considerable forensic skill and with immense dedication, Lord Butler examined, weighed and parsed the intelligence.
nounComputing Back to top
An act of or the result obtained by parsing a string or a text.
- There were people who knew there were problems with the parse, but they weren't security people, so they didn't know it was a security problem.
- In either case, we accept the parse as complete and error-free.
- The parses are generated by running Eugene Charniak's statistical parser.
Words that rhyme with parseaides-mémoires, Lamaze, Lars, Mars, Paz, Stars and Bars, vase, vichyssoise
Definition of parse in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan