- A biennial plant with white flowers and aromatic leaves that are either crinkly or flat and used as a culinary herb and for garnishing food.
More example sentences
- Petroselinum crispum, family Umbelliferae (or Apiaceae; the parsley family). Members of this family have their flowers arranged in umbels and are known as umbellifers; typical members include hogweed and hemlock as well as many food plants and herbs (carrot, parsnip, celery, fennel, anise)
- Finely chop the shallots, garlic, basil, celery, parsley and beetroot and place in a bowl.
- Add the balsamic vinegar, parsley, thyme, salt and pepper to the frying pan and bring to the boil.
- I am now the proud owner of all the fresh basil, bay leaves, thyme, sage and parsley a girl could want.
Old English petersilie, via late Latin based on Greek petroselinon, from petra 'rock' + selinon 'parsley', influenced in Middle English by Old French peresil, of the same origin.
More definitions of parsleyDefinition of parsley in:
- The British & World English dictionary