- An eclipse of a celestial body in which only part of the luminary is obscured or darkened.More example sentences
- You should never try to observe a partial eclipse or annular eclipse directly.
- To look directly at the Sun during the partial eclipse, on go your eclipse-viewing filters.
- The most impressive part starts when the Moon's leading edge first enters the main shadow, or umbra, and the partial eclipse begins.
More definitions of partial eclipseDefinition of partial eclipse in:
- The British & World English dictionary