noun[treated as singular]
- The branch of physics that deals with the properties, relationships, and interactions of subatomic particles.More example sentences
- In the Standard Model of particle physics, the Higgs mechanism allows the generation of such masses but it cannot predict the actual mass values.
- The article becomes heavy in places, especially in dealing with particle physics and quantum mechanics.
- Fifty years is a long time in particle physics - and not just because most subatomic particles only exist for tiny fractions of a second.
More definitions of particle physicsDefinition of particle physics in:
- The British & World English dictionary