Definition of particularize in English:
verb[with object] formal
Mention or describe particularly; treat individually or in detail: he was unable to particularize what amounts he had paid and when
More example sentences
- SCL's claims were particularised in detail in each of the RODs.
- ‘Specifying it, particularizing it, nailing meaning down, was futile’.
- The handwriting specifies and particularises the act of writing.
- Example sentences
- Specific particularization is exemplified by the tendency of workers to fall into the categories of those required to engage in cognitive activity and those doing routine work.
- Such is the way with decayed corridors and vast, ever-expanding halls: a tangible indeterminacy transpires in which particularization erodes.
- A closer examination reveals that it is more a particularisation of appropriate rules that have governed firearm use by police and the military in Britain, especially Northern Ireland, over many years.
Pronunciation: /-ˌtikyələriˈzāSHən/ /pə(r)ˌtikyələˌrīˈzāSHən/noun
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.