Definition of particulate in English:
Of, relating to, or in the form of minute separate particles: particulate pollution
More example sentences
- A pond has far more organic particulate matter (small separate particles) than a chemically maintained swimming pool.
- City traffic is a significant source of pollutants such as sulphur dioxide, particulate matter, benzene, and carbon monoxide.
- Zinc oxide is a common, biologically active constituent of particulate air pollution as well as a workplace toxin.
noun(particulates) Back to top
Matter in particulate form.
- The disadvantage is higher levels of NOX [nitrous oxides] and particulates.
- The rail companies will use the grant to retrofit 10 switcher locomotives in the valley to reduce emissions of nitrogen oxides, sulfur dioxide and diesel particulates.
- The resulting harmful gases include carbon monoxide, nitrogen dioxide, sulfur dioxide, particulates and excess water vapor.
Definition of particulate in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan