Definition of particulate in English:
Of, relating to, or in the form of minute separate particles: particulate pollution
More example sentences
- A pond has far more organic particulate matter (small separate particles) than a chemically maintained swimming pool.
- City traffic is a significant source of pollutants such as sulphur dioxide, particulate matter, benzene, and carbon monoxide.
- Zinc oxide is a common, biologically active constituent of particulate air pollution as well as a workplace toxin.
noun(particulates) Back to top
Matter in particulate form.
- The disadvantage is higher levels of NOX [nitrous oxides] and particulates.
- The rail companies will use the grant to retrofit 10 switcher locomotives in the valley to reduce emissions of nitrogen oxides, sulfur dioxide and diesel particulates.
- The resulting harmful gases include carbon monoxide, nitrogen dioxide, sulfur dioxide, particulates and excess water vapor.
Definition of particulate in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.