noun (plural partitas or partite /-ˈtētā/)Music
- A suite, typically for a solo instrument or chamber ensemble.More example sentences
- With the cello suites and the solo violin sonatas and partitas, they form a triptych of Bach at his most concentrated and intimate.
- The solo violin works alternate partitas and sonatas.
- These six works, written in a year, are in a direct line from Bach's solo violin sonatas and partitas.
late 19th century: from Italian, literally 'divided off', feminine past participle of partire.
More definitions of partitaDefinition of partita in:
- The British & World English dictionary