Definition of partridge pea in English:
US A yellow-flowered leguminous plant with sensitive leaves.
- Cassia fasciculata, family Leguminosae
- The other species present included cattail, partridge pea and American germander.
- Illinois bundle flower, butterfly milkweed, compass grass, and partridge peas nestle in another 20-acre plot.
- Julie Etterson and Ruth Shaw of the University of Minnesota studied the potential evolution of partridge peas in Minnesota.
Definition of partridge pea in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia