1 (also pacha) historical The title of a Turkish officer of high rank.
- That he even has a library sets him apart from most high-tech pashas.
- Another example would be the glitter of metal: the image adds a connotation of cruelty to the glory of a pasha, previously described with true oriental bombast, as the light of lights.
- The pasha of Tripoli soon agreed, in exchange for a sixty-thousand-dollar payment, to release the American prisoners and to commit no further acts of piracy against American vessels.
2 (two-tailed pasha) A large orange-brown butterfly with two tails on each hind wing and complex patterns on the underwings, occurring around the Mediterranean and in Africa.
- Charaxes jasius, subfamily Nymphalinae, family Nymphalidae.
- The Two-Tailed Pasha is the largest European butterfly, with the fore-wing span of the female often measuring more than 4 inches.
- The Two-tailed Pasha is one of Europes most spectacular butterflies.
Words that rhyme with pashaAsher, clasher, flasher, lasher, masher, Natasha, rasher, Sasha, slasher, smasher, thrasher
For editors and proofreaders
Definition of pasha in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.