noun (plural paso dobles)
- 1A fast-paced ballroom dance based on a Latin American style of marching.More example sentences
- As usual, at the first opportunity, the Monkey stood up and danced a paso doble, juggling raw fish and grapes.
- Latin is the rumba, jive, paso doble, cha-cha and samba.
- Two energetic and angry sailfish on the line at the same time takes a certain amount of fancy footwork on a small deck and Raphael and I did a neat paso doble for about 20 minutes until both fish were tagged and released.
- 1.1A piece of music for the paso doble, typically in duple time.More example sentences
- There is Italian smooch-song and Spanish light music, paso doble and tango.
1920s: from Spanish, literally 'double step'.
More definitions of paso dobleDefinition of paso doble in:
- The British & World English dictionary