- A spring-flowering plant of the buttercup family, with purple or white flowers.
More example sentences
- Genera Anemone and Pulsatilla, family Ranunculaceae: several species, in particular the North American A. patens and the Eurasian P. vulgaris
- These include California poppy, Jamaican dogwood, cramp bark and pasque flower.
- From mid-June through July, you should see profuse wildflowers, from the dainty, lavender pasque flowers to penstemons in shades of blue and purple.
- Now that I have acid soil, I dream of pasque flowers and pinks.
late 16th century (as passeflower): from French passe-fleur. The change in spelling of the first word was due to association with archaic pasque 'Easter' (because of the plant's early flowering).