- A thick paste made from strained tomatoes and used especially in Italian cooking.More example sentences
- Combine the tomato paste, passata, salt and pepper, and spread over the pizza bases to within 2cm of the edge.
- With a resident chef, they grow and produce such delights as their own red onion marmalade, Well-Being Herb Tea with their own rose hips and passata from their own tomatoes.
- The passata came from tomatoes grown in my mother's garden in the South of France, laboriously boiled, peeled and deseeded.
More definitions of passataDefinition of passata in:
- The British & World English dictionary