- A pawn that no enemy pawn can stop from queening.More example sentences
- In most cases, this evaluation is an aggregate score, assessing, for example, in the case of the Crafty chess playing program, material, development, pawn evaluation, passed pawns, passed pawn race, king safety, and piece interaction.
- Although in many openings a piece is traded for three pawns with an equal result, usually either the missing pawns were king-protecting pawns or else the extra pawns include connected passed pawns.
- The author also explains key concepts relating to rook pawns, drawing ideas against multiple extra pawns, pawn advantages without passed pawns, etc.
More definitions of passed pawnDefinition of passed pawn in:
- The British & World English dictionary