- The edible purple fruit of a kind of passionflower that is grown commercially, especially in tropical America. Also called granadilla.
More example sentences
- This fruit is obtained from Passiflora edulis, family Passifloraceae
- In a blender, combine the passion fruit pulp, passion fruit juice, coconut milk, lemon juice, and lime juice.
- A snootful of tropical fruit - passion fruit, guanabana - becomes smooth and, surprisingly, only slightly sweet on the palate, with notes of cooked white raisins and creme brulee.
- St Augustine's pupils won with a cheesy mushroom filo tartlet, wok tossed lime and chilli chicken on ginger and garlic noodles and a passion fruit and strawberry trifle.
More definitions of passion fruitDefinition of passion fruit in:
- The British & World English dictionary