(also passion flower)
- An evergreen climbing plant of warm regions that bears distinctive flowers with parts that supposedly resemble instruments of the Crucifixion.
More example sentences
- Genus Passiflora, family Passifloraceae
- In his head, he made a catalog of what the tea would need - blackcurrant, chamomile, heather, hawthorn, lemon balm, motherwort, marjoram, passion flower, and St John's wort.
- Plants recommended for a south-facing wall include callistemon, the beautiful crimson bottle-brush and the startling passion flower, passiflora caerulea.
- Hops flowers, California poppy, skullcap and catnip can all be used to make relaxing teas, and some herbs used in aromatherapy are especially calming, such as chamomile, rose, lavender, passion flower and lemon balm.
More definitions of passionflowerDefinition of passionflower in:
- The British & World English dictionary