Definition of patas monkey in English:
A central African guenon with reddish-brown fur, a black face, and a white mustache.
- Erythrocebus patas, family Cercopithecidae
- On her site I learned that human beings don't even hold the record for being the fastest primates; that title belongs to the patas monkeys, which can sustain running speeds as fast as thirty-four miles an hour.
- There is no doubt that they affect knowledge systematically, but it is not clear precisely how they relate to knowledge about the feeding patterns of patas monkeys or about the replication of DNA molecules.
- For simplification purpose, we compared only four sequences: rhesus macaque - 1, rhesus macaque - 5, patas monkey, and human as an apparent outgroup.
Mid 18th century: patas from Senegalese French, from Wolof pata.
Definition of patas monkey in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan