A central African guenon with reddish-brown fur, a black face, and a white mustache.
- Erythrocebus patas, family Cercopithecidae
More example sentences
- On her site I learned that human beings don't even hold the record for being the fastest primates; that title belongs to the patas monkeys, which can sustain running speeds as fast as thirty-four miles an hour.
- There is no doubt that they affect knowledge systematically, but it is not clear precisely how they relate to knowledge about the feeding patterns of patas monkeys or about the replication of DNA molecules.
- For simplification purpose, we compared only four sequences: rhesus macaque - 1, rhesus macaque - 5, patas monkey, and human as an apparent outgroup.
mid 18th century: patas from Senegalese French, from Wolof pata.
More definitions of patas monkeyDefinition of patas monkey in:
- The British & World English dictionary