- A test to discover whether a person is allergic to any of several substances that are applied to the skin in light scratches or under a patch.More example sentences
- The third kind of skin test is called a patch test.
- During a patch test, your skin may be exposed to 20 to 30 extracts of substances that can cause contact dermatitis.
- Investigators can also perform the patch test to diagnose natural rubber latex allergy.
More definitions of patch testDefinition of patch test in:
- The British & World English dictionary