- A proprietary medicine made and marketed under a patent and available without prescription.More example sentences
- The ‘medicines’ include alcohol, tobacco, and patent medicines.
- Chemists made up their own remedies in addition to selling the many patent medicines available.
- Suppliers should not make available patent medicines whose ingredients are not certain, and practitioners should not prescribe them.
More definitions of patent medicineDefinition of patent medicine in:
- The British & World English dictionary