Definition of pathogenesis in English:
The manner of development of a disease.
- An integral part of the pathogenesis of disease requires bacteria to become associated with the host cells.
- Epstein-Barr virus may play a role in the pathogenesis of this disease.
- We also explore the current views on the pathogenesis of thyroid eye disease and their clinical implications.
- Example sentences
- From the 1950s to 1980s, studies dissected the epidemiology and immunologie, biochemical, and pathogenetic mechanisms.
- The pathogenetic mechanisms responsible for the progressive fibrotic response in IPF have yet to be determined.
- We therefore conclude that the pathogenetic role of personality characteristics in migraine is still unclear.
Definition of pathogenesis in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan