Definition of pathologize in English:
Regard or treat (someone or something) as psychologically abnormal or unhealthy.
- ‘It's important that we don't pathologize Aboriginal people,’ she adds.
- We need to take psychiatrically labeled people in our communities seriously, not patronize or pathologize them.
- They cannot champion gun ownership or housewifery because their theories pathologize those choices.
- Example sentences
- I'm torn over the pathologization of high-tech interruptions.
- The sitter's intense glance back at the viewer somehow disallows objectification, as well as any pathologization.
- The pervasive pathologization of the healthy workings of the female reproductive system irks me to a great degree, and I applaud the authors for challenging it.
Definition of pathologize in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan