1The capacity to accept or tolerate delay, trouble, or suffering without getting angry or upset: you can find bargains if you have the patience to sift through the dross
More example sentences
- In my experience foreigners have no patience with this sort of thinking.
- I made a third phone call a few days later, but their patience with me was obviously running out.
- He is a decent hitter, has great patience at the plate and is defensively solid.
perseverance, persistence, endurance, tenacity, assiduity, application, staying power, doggedness, determination, resolve, resolution, resoluteness
lose patience (or lose one's patience)
- Become unable to keep one’s temper: even Lawrence finally lost patience with himMore example sentences
- Gareth was slowly losing his patience and temper as he tried to get them to block each other's blows.
- Rhea was close to losing her patience and her temper.
- Just keep a cool head and don't lose your patience or your temper.