Definition of patisserie in English:
1A shop where French pastries and cakes are sold.
- But in France, they are carefully hand-harvested and sold as a seasonal luxury to serve atop perfect individual custard tarts at Paris patisseries.
- Amanda had done a lot of travelling to Italy and other European countries working in patisseries and health stores making chocolates.
- There are boulangeries and patisseries in every town, with fresh croissants and pastries.
1.1French pastries and cakes collectively.
- So I jumped in my little car I'd bought for £50 and went to Amsterdam where I found Dutch patisserie is probably the best in Europe.
- Not that my visit is all patisserie and cafe au lait, goodness no.
- He is a highly trained patisserie chef and chocolatier and has made chocolates for the Belgian royal family.
Definition of patisserie in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia