1A shop where French pastries and cakes are sold.
- But in France, they are carefully hand-harvested and sold as a seasonal luxury to serve atop perfect individual custard tarts at Paris patisseries.
- Amanda had done a lot of travelling to Italy and other European countries working in patisseries and health stores making chocolates.
- There are boulangeries and patisseries in every town, with fresh croissants and pastries.
1.1French pastries and cakes collectively.
- So I jumped in my little car I'd bought for £50 and went to Amsterdam where I found Dutch patisserie is probably the best in Europe.
- Not that my visit is all patisserie and cafe au lait, goodness no.
- He is a highly trained patisserie chef and chocolatier and has made chocolates for the Belgian royal family.
Late 16th century: from French pâtisserie, from medieval Latin pasticium 'pastry', from pasta 'paste'.
Definition of patisserie in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.