- The office, see, or residence of an ecclesiastical patriarch.More example sentences
- He annually invited political and religious leaders to the patriarchate to celebrate the Muslim holy month of Ramadan with fellowship and religious-patriotic speeches by all sides.
- Many of these martyrs had opposed the patriarchate's policy of accommodation with the Soviet regime.
- Clergy introducing innovative programs have been heavily scrutinized by the patriarchate, especially in Moscow.
More definitions of patriarchateDefinition of patriarchate in:
- The British & World English dictionary