- 1The killing of one’s father.More example sentences
- Infanticide, patricide, suicide, gender bias, and substance abuse - are all to be found in various animal species.
- It's about fratricide, patricide, matricide - the ultimate dysfunctional family.
- The erstwhile history of Muslim rulers with their tendency towards fratricide and patricide was again upon the Mughals.
- 1.1A person who kills their father.More example sentences
- So this is really the old patricide begging sympathy because he's an orphan.
- More example sentences
- What could twelve murderous, incestuous, patricidal, wrathful, neurotic deities possibly find to loathe about Pan?
- But the current younger generation, at least as it is on view here, doesn't have any of the patricidal or matricidal tendencies that young artists used to have.
- His flaming patricidal letter never came off the press, and his poem of political protest also did not see the light of day either in its entirety or in its original form in his own life time.
early 17th century: from late Latin patricidium, alteration of Latin parricidium (see parricide).
More definitions of patricideDefinition of patricide in:
- The British & World English dictionary