Definition of patriotic in English:
Having or expressing devotion to and vigorous support for one’s country: today’s game will be played before a fiercely patriotic crowd
More example sentences
- For 40 years, he has worn his patriotic devotion to Scotland tattooed on his other arm.
- The craze has swept the country, with patriotic motorists showing their support for the team.
- Many students seem patriotic, expecting their nation to stand for good in the world.
- Example sentences
- I knew this had been done before, but I'm patriotically Scottish, so it appealed to me for that reason, as did the scale of it.
- Referring patriotically to our national heritage and history, he suggested that the seized items be surrendered to the state and placed in museums.
- Some of those waiting, patriotically dressed in red, complained about the poor organisation of the ticket sales and lack of police control.