noun (plural patrolmen)North American
- A patrolling police officer.More example sentences
- Instead of arriving at the central police station, the patrolman pulled into a satellite station.
- It got so bad that 12 patrolmen and two police dogs were kept on duty outside the home for several days.
- This way, if a call was made by a patrolman and a patrol wagon was sent, the officers aboard the wagon were able to listen for the ringing alarm.
More definitions of patrolmanDefinition of patrolman in:
- The British & World English dictionary