(also British paviour)
Definition of pavior in English:
1A paving stone.
- In many cases, slabs and setts are poorly laid with considerable discrepancies from paviour to paviour giving an uneven surface which is abnormal.
- Sections of paviours forming the parking area were uneven.
- Once the new paviours are down on Stricklandgate, it will cost hundreds of thousands to undo.
1.1A person who lays paving stones.
- Two paviors are washing away their cares with a heart-cheering cup.
Middle English: from Old French paveur, from paver 'pave'.
Definition of pavior in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.