adjective (pawkier, pawkiest)chiefly British 1
- 1Having or showing a sly sense of humor: a gentle man with a pawky witMore example sentences
- The city has an endearing couthiness and a pithy, pawky sense of humour, capable of laughing at itself (try and find that in Edinburgh).
- And indeed he is in possession of a pawky sense of humour.
- Ron was ebullient and optimistic, had a pawky sense of humour, and loved good food, wine, and entertaining.
mid 17th century: from Scots and northern English pawk 'trick', of unknown origin.
More definitions of pawkyDefinition of pawky in:
- The British & World English dictionary