- 1An envelope containing an employee’s wages.More example sentences
- While non-teaching staff know they have a job until they receive a pink slip in their pay envelope, lecturers are hired for fixed periods-often for no more than a single term.
- I used to put only the money for the President into a pay envelope.
- Holding my breath I swept dust from them into three old pay envelopes I'd unearthed from my papers this morning.
More definitions of pay envelopeDefinition of pay envelope in:
- The British & World English dictionary