- 1(Of money) required to be paid; due: interest is payable on the money owing send a check, payable to the ASPCAMore example sentences
- The money was payable as a lump sum, quantified in advance, when it could not be foreseen what damages might have to be paid in the event of an accident.
- As a general rule in English law, there is no need to give notice if a sum of money is payable on a particular day.
- There is no tax relief on contributions but no tax is payable on receiving the lump sum.
noun(payables) Back to top
- Debts owed by a business; liabilities.More example sentences
- Important clues are also certainly found on the liability side, with unusual increases in account payables or increased debt levels.
- The secretarial, payroll, payables and receivables employees are typically nonexempt.
- Get back to basics like inventory control, receivables, payables, and cash flow - all of those boring things that people have nearly forgotten about in the new economy.