1A check for salary or wages made out to an employee.
- Then, earlier this month, employee paychecks were delayed after a financial rejiggering and a wave of staff layoffs.
- The Metal Workers Union that represents the workers said that employees had not received paychecks since November.
- Some believe he gave Central Office employees advances on their paychecks.
1.1North American A salary or income: socking away money for the time when he wouldn’t have a steady paycheck
More example sentences
- Then, joining the military seemed like the best path to a steady paycheck, benefits and college money.
- The only thing that holds me back is a steady paycheck and an easy retirement.
- Unfortunately, readers' affection hasn't necessarily translated into steady paychecks for the authors they love.
Definition of paycheck in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.