Definition of paycheck in English:
1A check for salary or wages made out to an employee.
- Then, earlier this month, employee paychecks were delayed after a financial rejiggering and a wave of staff layoffs.
- The Metal Workers Union that represents the workers said that employees had not received paychecks since November.
- Some believe he gave Central Office employees advances on their paychecks.
1.1North American A salary or income: socking away money for the time when he wouldn’t have a steady paycheck
More example sentences
- Then, joining the military seemed like the best path to a steady paycheck, benefits and college money.
- The only thing that holds me back is a steady paycheck and an easy retirement.
- Unfortunately, readers' affection hasn't necessarily translated into steady paychecks for the authors they love.
Definition of paycheck in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan